Become a Commissioner!
Thank you for considering the Youth Commission! Spots are limited and are filled on a rolling basis with qualified candidates.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year.
1. Applicants must be in high school during the upcoming school year to be considered. Rising freshman and rising seniors are welcome to apply, however it is best to apply as a rising sophomore or junior so you already have a feel for high school and can be a commissioner for an entire 2-3 year term.
2. Find your district here. Please only apply for the district you live in and the mayoral position if its open.
District openings for the 2017-2018 school year are as follows:
D1: 2 Seats
D2: 1 Seat
D3: 1 Seat
D5: 1 Seat
D7: 2 Seats
D9: 1 Seat
Mayoral: 1 Seat
3. Apply here.
- Find the “San Antonio Youth Commission” and click on “see all” next to it.
- Check all of the boxes of the districts you’d like to apply for.
- Scroll back up to the top of the screen and click on “Apply”.
- Fill out the application thoroughly and check grammar and spelling.
- Complete the application and click “submit”.
- Ensure you see “Your application has been successfully submitted”.
4. Once your application is complete, promptly fill out this form. This information will go directly to Fatema Basrai to ensure you’ve completed and submitted your application correctly.
5. After you have completed step 4, please call the district which you have applied to and let them know you would like to interview for the SAYC position as soon as possible.
The City Council District Numbers can be found here: https://www.sanantonio.gov/council
You’re finished! Thank you for applying to be a San Antonio Youth Commissioner!
Please e-mail Fatema Basrai with any questions you have: [email protected]